How To Watch Private Vimeo Videos with the Vimeo App
Videos that are "private" and require a password will be unsearchable through the Vimeo app on a Smart TV or streaming device (Roku, Apple TV, etc.). To access private Vimeo videos, you will need to add them to your Watch Later list on Vimeo. Here is how to do so:
- Vimeo account (free or premium)
- Smart TV or streaming device
- Vimeo app installed (or search the device's app store)
- Link to private video and password
- Login or set up a basic (free) account at https://vimeo.com/. Click Join on the top of the site.
- On your computer, laptop, or mobile device using a web browser (not the Vimeo app), log in to your Vimeo account.
- In your email program, open the email message from The Maue Kay website that has the Vimeo link to your private video.
- Open the video, enter the password.
- On the top right corner of the video, click the Clock Icon to Add To Watch Later list.
- On your Smart TV or other streaming devices, open your Vimeo App.
- Sign in to your account.
- Access your private videos from the Watch Later list.
- You may still need to enter the password for the video again.
Now your private video will play on your TV!